Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hello, Las Vegas!


Las Vegas, NV~The day began early with a 3:45 AM wake up call at my parent's house in West Columbia. The arriving at the airport two hours before your flight can be difficult. The flight from Columbia to Dallas-Fort Worth(DFW) was great (and we even arrived 30 minutes early!). The Boeing 757 from DFW to Maccarran Airport was full but Cherlyn and I slept to try to recover and prepare for the remainder of the day. I was fortunate enough to wake up in time to see the Hoover Dam right before the plane landed. The water was a beautiful blue green. The actual dam is remarkable..much more impressive then the Lake Murray Dam.

Our hotel for the night is within walking distance of the strip. I can look out front and see the Excalibur and the Mandolay Bay. The mountains are georgeous and unlike anything we have at home. I plan to take plenty of pictures after I get a nap.

Cherlyn is strategizing logistics and putting the finishing touches on the plans for the week with the other Chile' Alumni, Liza and Deb. I truly look forward to a grand experience of which I will be filled to the brim with content knowledge, strategies and ideas to be able to take back to my school.

No comments: