Thursday, March 22, 2007

"Got my wide-birmmed hat"

West Columbia, SC~ My wonderful mother took me “hat shopping” and bought my wide-brimmed hat. I have always giggled at my friends that wear them. I now know the reason and have a full understanding of why they are so important. It is all about sun protection! We are told to bring SUN BLOCK not sunscreen due to the intensity so a regular ball cap wouldn’t even begin to work for protection. I am a beach bum originally from the Isle of Palms, however, Mojave is no Isle of Palms and the intensity can be extreme.

Today we have our last training session prior to leaving on Saturday. Getting the final details and making certain I am prepared is very important. I want to be a useful and productive participant and get the most out of the experience allowing me to bring valuable information back to my school.

3 days and counting!

No comments: